Raising a teenager isn’t always easy but if you have a troubled teen on your hands, the task becomes even more difficult. Your teen might be struggling with a myriad of issues ranging from substance abuse, ADD/ADHD and eating disorders to self-harming, depression and oppositional defiance disorder.
If your teen’s behavior has deteriorated to the point where you are worried that they might cause serious harm to themselves or others around them, it’s time to seek outside assistance. You should consider sending them to a school specializing in helping troubled teens turn their lives around.
Schools For Troubled Teens
There are a number of schools for troubled teens in the country including residential treatment centers, therapeutic boarding schools, rehabilitation centers, ranches and camps, among others. These institutions offer varying kinds of treatment programs in their endeavor to help teens overcome their different challenges.
Of course, you wouldn’t trust your teen to just any treatment program. It’s crucial to find a well-established program, with the right credentials, staff and activities to suit your child’s unique needs. In order for a school to specialize in helping struggling teens, it should have the following:
- Appropriate licensing and certification. An excellent program should have an active license showing it adheres to the state’s laws and regulations as pertains to providing therapeutic care for troubled teens.
- Accredited and experienced staff. A reputable therapeutic school should have a qualified faculty comprising trained and certified professionals including psychiatrists, therapists, medical doctors, registered nurses, psychologists, etc.
- Varied treatment plans. The best schools devoted to working with troubled youth employ different therapeutic treatment plans. This includes personal/ individual, group and family therapy sessions. Some even provide experiential therapy with animals in order to help teens get to the root of their issues and to trigger behavior change.
- Recreation therapy. This is another key component in most treatment centers as it is important for teens to also challenge their bodies and minds during the treatment program. Recreational opportunities may include music, sports, drama, art or culinary classes.
- Accredited academic curriculum. Some therapeutic schools go a step further to offer a nationally accredited academic course for teens who are admitted there. Classes are taught by licensed tutors and instructors so students can easily keep up with their studies and work towards their high school diplomas and college admission.
We Can Assist You
At Help Your Teen Now, we know how confusing it can be to sort through brochures, promotional videos and other material looking for a facility that can help your teen. We know which schools to trust and are conversant with the laws, regulations and treatment programs in different centers across the country so we are confident we can find a therapeutic school that suits your teen’s needs. Best of all, our help and services are free. Give us a call today and let us help you find the best option for you and your family.