Therapeutic and alternative boarding schools in Utah may be the right choice for your struggling teen for several reasons. Depending on your teen’s behavioral, emotional or mental health issue, there’s a program with an experienced staff who can help your teen with their specific problems. These specialty schools are designed to really make each teen’s life safe, structured and therapeutic.
Here are just a few of the things that alternative and therapeutic boarding schools in Utah offer:
- Structured lifestyle in a group setting where teens take on different responsibilities like chores, laundry and cooking.
- Caring and experienced mentors who become positive role models for teens.
- Regular group and individual therapy sessions with licensed counselors.
- Academic support and classes taught by licensed teachers.
- An education plan to help teens earn a high school diploma eventually.
- Recreational therapy for boosting self-esteem and teaching youth how to have good clean fun.
- Extracurricular activities, like dance, music, drama and art, to develop talents and learn new hobbies.
- Leadership and character development seminars.
- Nutrition and fitness classes.
Remember that when you contact Help Your Teen Now, your chances of finding a therapeutic boarding school that fits your teen increases greatly. Even if you are not living in Utah, you may want to consider therapeutic and alternative boarding schools in Utah for several reasons. First, Utah state laws regulating teen help programs are very strict, so only the best can become established in that state. With an abundance of well-governed programs in Utah, the chances are good that your teen will be able to match up well with a program there.
No matter what school you choose, Help Your Teen Now will support you in the decision-making process and give you the confidence you need to help your teen succeed.
Teen Issues That Utah Boarding Schools Help Youth Avoid
Teens who don’t suffer with emotional, behavioral or mental heath issues are less likely to engage in risky behavior. those who struggle with pain, frustration, anger and fear are more likely to do so. Unless professional caregivers are around to help those at-risk teens, they could be at risk for some serious consequences that affect their health and their freedom.
Here are just a few of the statistics that reflect the behavior of troubled Utah Teens:
- Teen Suicide: Utah ranks 10th in the nation.
- Alcohol use: 18% of Utah teens used alcohol in the past month, while 9% report in binge drinking.
- Drug use: 10.3% of Utah teens experiment with illicit drugs each month.
- Juvenile arrests: 122 arrests for violent crime, 2,125 arrests for property crime, 563 arrests for drug abuse and 120 arrests for weapons violations.
- High school graduation: Utah’s graduation rate is just 76%.
We are extremely interested in helping parents of troubled teens to move quickly in getting their child enrolled into a program of their choice. Armed with information that is unbiased, accurate and comprehensive, you can be the factor that makes the difference in your teen’s life. Help Your Teen Now doesn’t want to see any teenager become a statistic, and we want to be there for you to help you guide your teen toward a brighter future.
Help Your Teen Now Has Parent Resources On Selecting Utah Boarding Schools
We are easy to reach by phone or email and are happy to talk to you as long as possible. It’s amazing how parents who have no idea of the types of programs out there or where to send their child, gain confidence in their decisions after working with Help Your Teen Now and accessing our extensive resources. Help Your Teen Now understands what you are feeling because we’ve dealt with our own troubled teens and the facilities that helped them. Whether you are a Utah parent or one that is interested in a Utah boarding school, you can gain the peace of mind you are seeking knowing that you’ve done the research required to feel good about this momentous decision.
Leave a Reply